Although when we smoke we usually do not love to clean (unless you’re one of the rare few that do, kudos to you!) there are definitely many good reasons to clean your weed grinder. It is not difficult to do and provides a better smoking experience.
Clean Grinder -Why You Should Clean Your Grinder
- Prevent yourself from getting sick – grinders pick up junk from days, weeks, months, and even years of constant use. The leftover sticks and stems from your smoke 500 sessions ago is still in your grinder and you may be ingesting into your body on your 501st session. Clean your grinder to keep yourself from getting sick.
- Keeps your grinder running smoothly – like your wheels and hinges, grinders also get rusty. By keeping your grinder clean you can have it run smoother and faster.
- Makes your grinder last longer – like any piece of metallic based equipment, over time the quality of the material will weaken, rust, and eventually become unusable.
Clean Grinder – How Often Should I Clean My Grinder?
Deciding when to clean your grinder varies on your own personal smoking habits but as a general rule of thumb it is recommended to clean your grinder very 30-60 days. In just a few minutes you can have a perfectly clean and functioning grinder, so why not clean your grinder often if you can?
Cleaning your grinder should take no more than 5-10 minutes and maybe 15 minutes if you have a particularly gunky grinder.
Clean Grinder – 5 Steps to Clean a Grinder
- Separate/dissemble your grinder. Open all the layers and compartments so they can each be cleaned separately
- Place your grinder in the freezer for a few minutes. By freezing the contents of your grinder you will harden the junk in the tough to reach areas and make it very easy to remove. Use a paper towel to remove any pieces stuck deep within the grinder
- Use a soft toothbrush or paintbrush to remove the remaining particles inside the grinder. In addition to toothbrush you can also use flexible pipe cleaners.
- METAL GRINDERS ONLY – Use isopropyl alcohol for a deep clean of your grinders to make it extra clean. You only need to rub a thin layer over the grinder to remove gunk and filth.
- For PLASTIC GRINDERS ONLY – Do not use alcohol on plastic, it will destroy your grinder. Instead, you can use on your plastic grinder to clean some old fashioned soap and water. You may also put your plastic grinder in a pot of water and bring it to a boil, removing your clean grinder quickly thereafter.
That’s it! Cleaning your grinder is that simple and easy to do. Make sure you to keep your weed grinders clean to get the most out of your grinder.